For over 25 years, Truescape has partnered with some of the biggest names in the commercial world. Our diverse team brings a unique set of background and skill-sets together, in a process of gaining a deep understanding and applying creative thinking to deliver our clients smart, compelling imagery, videos and interactive tools that help them communicate their strategy, vision and goals to stakeholders. Due to growth, we are seeking a Senior Visualization Specialist to be based within our Christchurch team.
About the role:
This position is responsible for providing generalist HR and H&S support to Truescape. The support provided will include documentation of key people and safety policies and creation and coordination of annual processes and initiatives. The person in this position will act to support the Company’s Vision, Values and Strategy and embed it into policy and practice.
The HR Coordinator will be a sole practitioner, tasked with establishing many policies and processes from scratch in collaboration with Truescape leadership. This will require rapidly building pragmatic solutions and taking strategic and day to day operational ownership of the HR and H&S functions for the Head Office in Christchurch and any staff located overseas.
Duties & responsibilities:
- To assist in the exercise to define and articulate Truescape’s values.
- To contribute to the development of the organisation’s vision and strategy particularly any people related goals.
- To ensure there is strong communication of and understanding of the organisation’s vision and strategy throughout the business.
- To take ownership of the goals in the strategy which are identified as HR or H&S accountabilities.
- Drafting, and where old versions can be found, reviewing key policies in line with strategy and in collaboration with leaders and employees. Ensuring policies are understood, accessible, add value and are kept updated. Key Policies include: Ways of Working, Code of Conduct, Disciplinary, Learning and Development, Remuneration and Leave.
- Building HR processes and practices that reflect policy and strategy. In particular, annual processes for performance planning, learning and development, talent/performance reviews and remuneration setting/reviews. HRIS system/s may also be reviewed and applied where beneficial and cost saving.
- To stay abreast of and utilise external research and advice as necessary when establishing new policy or process or facing highly complex situations.
Strategy, Policies and Process
- Skilled in the world of 3D Visualisation.
- At least 5 years’ relevant industry experience completing accurate 3D animation projects for commercial clients with a well-rounded portfolio.
- High attention to detail, well organised and time efficient.
- Ability to work collaboratively, take guidance – a team player.
- Passionate about your work!
- Motivated to complete tasks and exceed Client’s expectations.
- Experience within an English-speaking environment.
Learning and Development
- Conduct a periodic Skills Gap Analysis to compare current and future skills required to achieve the strategic vision against the skills which are currently held in the business. Identify the gaps and collaboratively determine the training needs of the business, or where recruitment action may be required.
- Coordinate companywide required training as identified in the Skills Gap analysis.
- Coordinate compliance-based training as required i.e. H&S, information security.
- Train Managers and employees in relation to HR and H&S policies and processes. Guide Managers through their HR responsibilities and help keep them on track.
- Establishment and ongoing coordination of annual individual performance planning/goal setting in line with strategy. Ensure every individual has goals set and individual training needs reviewed in conjunction with their manager.
- Track training expenses and help manage training spend/budget.
- Establishment and ongoing coordination of the 6 monthly or yearly Talent/Performance Review.
- Ensure all key roles have succession plans.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Enhancement and coordination of the Annual Remuneration Review and associated activity such as market data review.
- Consider, implement, and manage any employee benefits.
Recruitment/Resourcing and New Starters
- Establishment and coordination of strong recruitment practices which support the Hiring Manager and provide a good experience for applicants i.e. posting adverts, screening activities, setting up and participating in interviews, trials, conducting reference checks, preparing and receiving offers.
- Build and maintain a manager Recruitment Process Toolkit/Guide.
- Manage relationships with recruitment providers (i.e. seek & consultants) and overall recruitment spend.
- Ensure deletion of all unsuccessful candidate recruitment documentation within 3-months.
- Organise attendance at relevant recruitment fairs and events with local tertiaries.
- Consider and undertake other efforts to build Truescape’s employment brand. I.e. LinkedIn profile and updates, community tech events and networking opportunities.
- Ensure the business is ready to welcome new starters by coordinating the new starter set up activity in conjunction with payroll and I.T.
- Establish and coordinate new employee inductions ensuring consistency and provision of full information.
- Ensure performance of new starters is reviewed after their first three months to catch any early underperformance issues.
- To carry out work required to acquire employee visas and any relocation support. This includes the maintenance of Truescape’s accredited status with New Zealand Immigration.
Advice and Reporting
- Produce a quarterly HR & H&S Report outlining what has occurred, what is coming up and provides any key people metrics. Include in this report reviews or measurements of how successfully processes and initiatives performed.
- Produce any requested ad hoc people metrics and reports.
- Coordinate any engagement or culture surveys adopted.
- Build trusted relationships with employees and managers to ensure they actively seek HR support and advice.
- To advocate for the needs of the employee while championing those of the business, ensuring mutually beneficial decisions are reached.
- Create and maintain the organisation chart.
- Participate in any external audits as required.
- Work with managers to ensure that a constructive employee relations climate is fostered and maintained through the consistent application of policies, process and best legal practice.
- Coordinate processes and documentation related to issues of misconduct, non-performance, and other employment relations issues in line with relevant legislation and internal policies.
- Coordinate any organisational change projects, (restructures, role disestablishments, redundancies).
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality is provided as necessary and appropriate support is available to all parties.
- Conduct regular research and escalate to external parties for advice and guidance when employment relations matters are complex or highly sensitive.
- Provide pastoral support to the people within the business. Support the leaders in managing any personal issues that arise which may have an impact on employee well-being and psychological safety. Offer advice, coaching and support as needed and make recommendations around EAP and other external support agencies as required.
- Maintain organised employee records in accordance with legal requirements.
- Document any changes to employee terms and conditions i.e. through variations, updated PD’s, etc and ensure changes are actioned in systems.
- Monitor key employee lifecycle dates such as visa expiry, fixed term arrangements, to ensure the business proactively prepares decisions on future action and employees are kept informed as soon as possible.
- Ensure HR information is available on the internal intranet and kept up to date.
- Communicate employee news such as new starters, exits and role changes to the wider company.
- On an ad-hoc basis, prepare and share any interesting and relevant HR content via the Intranet or staff email as appropriate.
- Coordinate administration relating to exit processes in conjunction with payroll and IT.
- Take and record all returned exit interviews for combined review periodically.
Health, Safety & Wellness
- Coordinate activities to ensure Truescape is meeting health, safety, and wellness compliance obligations.
- Work with the safety and wellness committee to further engage the organisation on its commitment to safety and wellness.
- Coordinate enjoyable and creative initiatives relating to enhancing health, safety and wellbeing i.e. competitions, physical challenges, learn at lunch sessions, etc.
- Build healthy policy, practices and provide education to ensure an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported and there is zero tolerance to any bullying, harassment, or discrimination.
- Coordinate an initial discussion and decisions relating to Truescape’s future approach to flexible working. Document the adopted approach into a policy and then help ensure it is put into practice effectively.
It is also an expectation that the HR Coordinator will complete such other work as relevant to the role.
- Tertiary qualification in human resources or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in a similar generalist role.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Sound generalist knowledge of HR policy & process.
- Knowledge of all relevant HR & H&S legislation.
- Experience applying best practice into cost effective, pragmatic solutions.
- Beneficial to have knowledge of HRIS application and benefits.
- Beneficial to have assisted with immigration administration.
- High level of initiative and ability to self-manage.
- Resilient and adaptive.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to gain buy in through using logic, fact, and reason.
- Ability to establish effective, collaborative working relationships.
- Empathy for people and their individual differences.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Responsible and Accountable.
- Professional, trustworthy, and discrete.
- Goal focused, strategic thinker.
Culture & benefits:
- Innovative, forward thinking organisation. Friendly, collaborative team environment.
- Spacious open plan office in a great location, central to amenities such as public transport, shops and gyms.
- Competitive remuneration.
How to apply:
If you have the right attitude, experience and technical skills along with the desire to work on local and international projects alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work then we want to hear from you!