For over 25 years, Truescape has partnered with some of the biggest names in the commercial world. In collaboration with our clients we employ innovative, smart visual tools that cut through the confusion and ambiguity to deliver consistent and compelling messages, communicating complex strategy, vision and goals to key stakeholders. We are seeking a Full Stack Web Developer to be based within our Christchurch team.
The purpose of this position:
Create and maintain web applications that solve the challenges of our clients.
We use ThreeJS for our interactive visualisations, so you’ll be a quick study, keen to learn and master new technologies. We use Angular for our frontend development, so you’ll have a sound grasp of this framework. Our developers work closely with our UX team and visualization specialists, so you’ll have well-developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills. We aim to grow a supportive and high-performance Agile team, so you’ll be full of ideas about how we can do things better. We have a hard-earned market leading position, so you’ll be a tenacious problem solver when bringing challenging new features to our clients.
- Develop web applications using a modern tech-stack and patterns.
- Generate innovative options that can deliver high value products and tools that enhances Truescape’s value to our clients.
- Apply good practice principles for achieving online security.
- Create and maintain cloud-based web-services for server-side infrastructure.
- Perform technical audits on existing platforms and analyse the results to improve best solutions.
- Show initiative in researching new web-based opportunities that align with Truescape’s strategic direction, research and development are critical to maintaining our competitive edge.
- Provide advice to the wider Truescape team as required regarding scoping, time estimates and approaches to asset production.
- Ensure that projects are planned and set up in accordance with Truescape policy and best practice.
- Identify and realise opportunities to improve team and group performance.
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- 2+ years of development expertise.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate seamlessly as part of a team.
- Strong relationship management, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions.
- Strong learning agility – passion and curiosity for code! You continuously learn about the latest developments in technology, with a view to if/how they could be applied to improve our customer experience.
- User-centric approach to development.
- Innovative thinker with excellent networking capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skill.
- A clear understanding of the commercial realities of maintaining and developing web-based tools and products.
- Experience in maintaining and managing online security.
- Agile software development experience including contributing to sizing and retrospectives.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5/SVG and CSS3/SCSS
- Solid Understanding of RESTful principles
- Backend experience with NodeJS or Django
- Experience with Relational Databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL and Non-Relational Databases like MongoDB
- Experience with source control systems such as Git
- Exceptional learning skills
- Advanced knowledge of ThreeJS and/or BabylonJS
- Knowledge of 3D web asset pipelines like models, textures, lighting, shadows, reflections, animations, 3D assets optimisation etc
- Familiar with one or more of the following GIS libraries: LeafletJS, Mapbox GL or Esri API
How to apply:
If you have the right attitude, experience and technical skills along with the desire to work on local and international projects alongside like-minded people who are passionate about their work then we want to hear from you!