For over 25 years, Truescape has partnered with some of the biggest names in the commercial world. In collaboration with our clients we employ innovative, smart visual tools that cut through the confusion and ambiguity to deliver consistent and compelling messages, communicating complex strategy, vision and goals to key stakeholders. We are seeking a Full Stack Web & Mobile Application Developer to be based within our Christchurch team.
The purpose of this position:
Design and creation of web applications that meet the requirements and solve the challenges of our clients. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design, UI and UX and computer programming is necessary for a positive and cohesive user experience. In addition to this, strong background knowledge in 3D modelling and Texturing will mean good integration of assets into the apps. Some apps will be cross-platform, so strong knowledge of cross-platform development and continuity is essential. Once an app has been created, the Developer will assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the applications as required.
There is also a requirement to develop innovative and interactive web-based solutions to support the tools that Truescape has developed for high value clients.
Bring to Truescape a high value online capability that enhances our market leading position.
You are part of a team that delivers on our growth strategies. Your role brings leadership and development experience to the Truescape team that translates into sustained growth of our client base through brand awareness and product implementation.
You will weave together all the development threads in the engagement, across frontend customer-facing interfaces and backend logic and database interactions, to deliver successful outcomes.
This is a crucial role as it enables the tangible realisation of the Truescape’s strategic objectives.
The maintenance aspect of the role is to ensure that the solutions delivered to our clients retain their relevance, optimisation, and smooth operation.
The development aspect of this role is to ensure that we are innovating and developing effective and value adding web-based products that support Truescape’s strategic growth aspirations and our broad range of client requirements.
Position accountabilities – Operations and Business Development:
- Responsible for developing web applications using modern tech-stack, patterns, and latest technologies.
- Define, review, implement, and document the development of the applications and ensure alignment to business and client requirements.
- Develop data structure design, software architecture, source code, including external and internal information flows, current and future systems requirements, interfaces, and integration points.
- Innovative options that can deliver high value products and tools that enhances Truescape’s value to our clients.
- Collaborate with Senior Project Managers to gather the business requirements for the software.
- Strong understanding of managing and implementing online security.
- Create and maintain cloud-based web-services for server-side infrastructure.
- Perform technical audits on existing platforms analyse results to offer the best solutions.
- Within Truescape you will be required to take a concept, develop it, implement it and manage it. This may be either solo or part of a team depending on the project.
- Take personal ownership and accountability for all web-based initiatives within the business.
- Effectively present or demonstrate to clients the benefits of any web-based products or tools.
- Develop effective networks that align with Truescape’s strategic initiatives.
- Show initiative in researching new web-based opportunities that align with Truescape’s strategic direction, research and development are critical to maintaining our competitive edge.
- Provide advice to the wider Truescape team as required regarding scoping, time estimates and approaches to asset production.
- Ensure that projects are planned and set up in accordance with Truescape policy and best practice.
- Ensure that consultants and other partnering organisations are managed in a way that creates mutual respect and supports the development of robust professional relationships.
- Identify and realise opportunities to improve team and group performance.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Competencies
- 2+ years of expertise in a development domain as an authority.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate seamlessly as part of a team.
- Project Management experience with web-based implementation projects and specifically the ability to accurately scope projects.
- Strong relationship management, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions.
- Working in development and/or project teams.
- Strong learning agility – passion and curiosity for code! You continuously learn about the latest developments in technology, with a view to if/how they could be applied to improve our customer experience.
- User centric approach to development.
- Innovative thinker with excellent networking capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skill.
- A clear understanding of the commercial realities of maintaining and developing web-based tools and products.
- Experience in maintaining and managing online security.
- Agile Software Development experience including the ability to run sprints / scrums
- Advanced knowledge of ThreeJS and/or BabylonJS
- Knowledge of 3D web asset pipelines like models, textures, lighting, shadows, reflections, animations, 3D assets optimisation etc
- Familiar with one or more of the following GIS libraries: LeafletJS, Mapbox GL or Esri API
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5/SVG and CSS3/SCSS
- Good understanding of UX and graphic design principles
- Solid Understanding of RESTful principles
- Backend experience with NodeJS or Django
- Experience with Relational Databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL and Non-Relational Databases like MongoDB
- Experience with Docker would be advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity with Python is an advantage but not essential
- Working knowledge of Linux environment and DevOps principles
- Experience with source control systems such as Git
- Exceptional learning skills
- Unity/Unreal Experience
- 3D Max/Max Script
- 3d Modelling / texturing experience or game asset creation workflows
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce)
How to apply:
If you have the right attitude, experience and technical skills along with the desire to work on local and international projects alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work then we want to hear from you!