The Winterbourne Wind Farm is a proposed renewable energy development in the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales near the town of Walcha. The project will consist of up to 125 locations with a combined maximum capacity of up to 700 MW. The project may be built in one or more stages to meet the needs of the National Electricity Market. The turbines will reach an estimated maximum height of 250m from the foundation to the uppermost blade tip.
The wind farm project will include approximately 25km of 330kV overhead transmission lines and will connect into a new switchyard proposed to be built near Uralla, NSW. The project will deliver significant benefits to the New England region and local communities including
- Significant investment in the New England region
- Opportunities for local contractors and businesses
- Up to 300 new jobs during the construction phase
- Around 16 long-term service and maintenance jobs created during project operation
- Development of new skilled labour in the region within the growing renewable energy industry
The overview animation created by Truescape has been developed to provide the project developers with a preliminary communication tool that will accurately articulate key project features as the assessment of environmental, technical and cultural aspects of the project begins.
For more information see https://winterbournewindfarm.com.au